Sunday, April 4, 2010

READ THE SIGNS ...



Signage can be and important part of your event. Even if it is a parking sign out the front of your house.

People don't like to be told what to do, but a simple sign can be a subtle way to make sure your guests do what YOU want.

The photos above were a couple of signs from my sister's wedding. The top picture is one of my favourite photos from their wedding.

Garry (her now husband) made the left sign from old wooden pallets, and some spare paint from the shed. It was a great way to lead guests to the wedding ceremony site down the hill. Mandy even made windmills to line the way!


The sign on the right, I made, inspired by the opening sequence of a wedding video I found online. I fell in LOVE with this video, and HIGHLY recommend checking out Jessica Claire & Jeff Norwood's Wine Country Wedding!!

The sign is shown above it is sitting in an old cookbook holder. We painted a crackle finish on it, and used cut vinyl for the text. A coat of sealing varnish and it would look great at the entry of their marital home.

Although this is a great DIY project, the look was so successful and had so many comments, that I am now making these custom signs in my shop.
We can customise the colours and even the fonts to match your wedding decor.
Contact me here.

1 comment: